Insider Threat Analyst
Who we are looking for
State Street seeks to recruit an Insider Threat Analyst responsible for a variety of functions within the insider threat program at State Street. This team will work with the core Global Cyber Security teams, Global Security, Enterprise Continuity Services, and infrastructure teams to analyze, remediate, and develop new controls related to insider threats. This position requires creativity, quick reaction, interview experience, and technical expertise to protect the bank’s assets. Join us in evolving our insider threat and capabilities to shape a pro-active, threat intelligence driven fusion model to protect State Street, its customers and partners from the ever evolving and sophisticated global threat actors.
What you will be responsible for
As an Insider Threat Analyst you will
- Function as subject matter expert for all technical aspects of the Insider Threat Program
- Provide system engineering, security engineering, programmatic integration, technical support documents, and expert assistance on solutions to enable the insider threat program operations and coordination evolve tools and reporting
- Evaluate tools for efficacy and interoperability with existing platforms and data sets
- Aggregate, analyze, and evaluate technical data sources to identify insider risks
- Provide mentoring and guidance on technical insider threat-related matters, methodologies, and techniques both within the team and to external partners across the Enterprise
- Partner with use case development teams and data science teams to implement new detection logic
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong understanding of Splunk ES
- Strong understanding of behavior analytics platforms
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of diagnostic and support tools used in a support environment
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of data organizing or structuring complex data across varied data sources
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience providing engineering support for cybersecurity tools
- 5+ years of experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 5+ years of experience using ticket tracking tools for change management, problem and incident management, and availability management, demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 3+ years of information security administration experience
- 3+ years of experience with insider threat detection platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems (or related fields); Alternatively a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting (or related fields) supplemented with extracurricular data coursework.
- A Masters degree in on of the following is desired; data science, information technology, computer science, statistics, etc…
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$140,000 - $222,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.