Risk Assessment and Monitoring Analyst, AVP - State Street Global Advisors
The Regulatory Strategy Team supports SSGA’s program of identification, assessment and implementation of regulatory initiatives affecting our global business. This role will be based in Boston and primarily support SSGA’s operations in the United States and Canada, although will interact with colleagues globally depending on the nature of the regulatory issue under review.
- Regulatory monitoring – Contribute to horizon scanning for regulatory initiatives relevant to SSGA’s business, assessing applicability and sharing with relevant colleagues
- Document effectively the lifecycle and timeline of policy work
- Produce and share regular updates via written communications, presentations, bulletins
- Research, understand and synthesize information quickly regarding regulatory obligations impacting the business, preparing to present information effectively to key stakeholders and colleagues on a variety of regulatory topics
- Coordinate and/or undertake impact assessments, working with colleagues and functional subject matter experts to determine impact on various areas of the business as a result of a regulatory change, identifying where controls, processes and policies need to be amended
- Document assessments, scope, outcomes, issues matrices, gap analysis, challenges, changes to control environment, project and regulatory change scoping
- Engagement – undertake regulatory engagement on behalf of SSGA by responding to consultation/discussion papers, surveys other policy work by working with key stakeholders and SMEs to form house views and draft responses on policy issues of importance to the business
- Provide project management support where relevant and appropriate for regulatory adherence projects
- Document project effectively and evidence issues, decisions, assumptions etc
- Drive actions/ownership
- Co-ordinate meetings
- Ensure the effective functioning of the First Line of Defence’s role in State Street’s Global Regulatory Change Management process
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Good working knowledge of function and operation of US/Canadian Financial Regulatory and Legislative institutions, processes and expectations
- Experience working in the asset management element or other similar financial services
- Hands-on project management experience and aptitude for managing regulatory change.
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills and able to build relationships across the business teams and divisions within State Street.
- Ability to adapt to unfamiliar concepts and operate outside sphere of previous expertise. Approach issues in a logical and methodical manner.
- High level of initiative and ability to process and communicate complex issues
- BS/BA or equivalent required.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.