Senior Software Engineer II, State Street Global Advisor
We are currently seeking an individual in Technology Development to join our SSGA Front Office IT development team for Fixed Income, Cash and Currency applications. The individual will be responsible for working on application development activities for existing applications and emerging projects to provide solutions and lead architecture and design on applications platforms. The successful candidate will have strong technology and business acumen, build partnerships, foster close collaboration and work hand in hand with the business and technology teams. Core responsibilities include development skills, data analysis, data architecture skills, communications skills to liaison with business and application development teams. The role has a broad set of responsibilities and offers a great deal of exposure to various aspects of the investment and portfolio management applications and domain and to further technology and application development solutions with key focus on leading design, architecture, and team management.
As the Senior Software Engineer, II you will:
- Align with business and IT stakeholders to contribute as Technology Lead for GA’s Fixed Income, Cash and Currency technology areas
- Define, govern, and continuously evolve the technology strategy and solutions we are implementing with a focus on a successful and stable application development and technology roadmap
- Establish relationships with all stakeholders and development leads globally to ensure the right engagement and alignment is achieved for each initiative
- Establish a development framework and methodology with clearly defined scope and metrics for each initiative
- Provide technical application-level guidance and clarity to other technology leads and teams within the organization
- Provide leadership to team members working on existing software and integration components for our future state CRD implementation across Fixed Income and Cash domains
- Oversee onboarding team building initiatives and collaborating with technology leads from SSGA offshore teams
- Provide status reporting on key initiatives and escalate issues, risks and dependencies in effective manner to IT Senior Management.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Proven track record leading technology teams (development, business analysis, QA, support)
- People management experience
- Detailed knowledge of the Asset Management or Investment Management industry, with a focus on Fixed Income and Cash Investment
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Senior level presentation skills and project management responsibilities
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines
- Highly organized, and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Solid understanding Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and development platforms
- Leadership qualities in managing complex projects and teams to deliver business results and positive outcomes
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree is a requirement; Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- Financial Services background, including investment or asset management (preferred)
- Information technology expertise
- Should be an excellent communicator, experience on communicating with global users (both written and verbal), will be preferred.
- More than 3 years of experience using Mid-tier technologies, web services, server-side technologies.
- Application development experience using Java/Python/Micro services.
- Experience in application deployment/change management process in various environments
- Experience in CI/CD or agile development
- AWS or Azure cloud migration experience is preferred.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What we do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.