Private Market Product Manager, AVP
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a growth-oriented professional in our Boston/Burlington locations with experience in Product Development and Product Management, preferably in the Private Markets/Alternatives asset servicing industries. The successful candidate should also have a number of the Project Management and Analysis skills required to deliver new product capabilities or product enhancements.
What you will be responsible for
As the Private Markets Product Manager Assistant Vice President, you will work individually and with teams to:
- Develop product roadmaps, business cases, project objectives, operating models, product design, product requirements, process flows, and wireframes
- Document project schedules, milestones, risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, decisions, architecture, and cross product dependencies
- Obtain and analyze complex data from diverse sources, to identify rules, trends, gaps, and support advanced reporting
- Formulate and evaluate approaches and data needs for fund and investment performance calculations
- Author market analyses of trends and client needs though client interviews and industry research
- Support product testing through the creation of test scripts, development of test data, and execution of user acceptance testing
- Collaborate with Service Delivery, Technology, Product Management, and other internal stakeholders in the development and rollout of new products and product capabilities
- Author responses to RFIs and RFPs to represent State Street capabilities in response to client questions or to provide State Street solutions to client challenges
- Host or co-host meetings and forums to gather or disseminate knowledge of product capabilities and gaps/requirements
- Consult with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to analyze requirements, asking probing questions to identify and expose precise product needs and gaps, to formulate functional requirements in a manner that decision makers at all levels can understand
- Participate in change management forums to understand and manage the impact of project changes (scope, budget, schedule, staffing)
- Provide regular status updates and supporting program management reports as needed
- Communicate with Agile scrum teams, business owners and product management, to ensure that stakeholders at various levels are well informed, to learn and manage expectations, and to mitigate risks to keep the project roadmap on track
What we value
These skills will enable your success in this role:
- Ability to articulate product capabilities and benefits to teammates, senior management, clients, and colleagues in technology and service delivery
- Ability to work with stakeholders, develop and maintain relationships, and act as a persuasive change agent
- Capability to analyze quantitative and technical problems
- Ability to leverage conventional and alternative resources to gather and distill information/data, and utilize such facts and data to inform decision making
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise, actionable insights
- Aptitude to adapt to and operate effectively in a changing and uncertain environment
- Strong collaboration, facilitation, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate ideas and ability to use experience and analysis to gain support, facilitate consensus, and forge collaboration with internal and external parties
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- 6+ years of financial industry work experience
- Experience with fund accounting platforms and services, especially for alternative investments, and including fund-level, investor-level, and investment-level financial performance measurement
- Comfortable with quantitative methods and solutions
- Strong technology insights with demonstrated ability to work across business lines/functions
- Prior Product Management, Change Management, or relevant Consulting experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Software development experience a plus
- SQL and Tableau experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field; advanced degrees and professional certifications valued
- Ability to create visual models that support analyses, such as Gantt charts, data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, and wireframes
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data and analytics, investment research and trading, and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.