State Street Global Advisors - Head of Internal and Hybrid Sales, Managing Director
Who we are looking for
The Head of Internal and Hybrid Sales will be responsible for developing and leading the internal sales teams and hybrid sales teams across all intermediary channels in the US.
This requires promoting the State Street Global Advisors and SPDR value proposition in the US, building our presence, visibility, identity and revenues within these important segments.
Reporting to the Head of Intermediary, you will understand the dynamics and needs of the various clients within the Intermediary channel and ensure that State Street Global Advisors’ reputation as a premier ETF manager in the marketplace is reinforced and improved.
You should be recognized as a reliable and trusted advisor and will champion the Americas Wealth agenda within the firm and work in partnership with various functions, including:
- U.S. National Accounts
- U.S. COO
- U.S. Marketing
- U.S. Product
- U.S. Capital Markets Group
You will influence internally by providing feedback and intelligence on market trends, competitor positioning and evolving client requirements, enabling and cultivating strong relationships within and across the State Street Global Advisors organization.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and fixed income investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Internal and Hybrid Sales, you will:
- Facilitate an understanding of the U.S. Wealth business and its strategy and priorities across key internal partners
- Direct and motivate the internal sales team and set strategic priorities and activities within the internal sales function that will lead to an increase in assets, revenue and market share
- Create the hybrid wholesaler distribution strategy and develop a multi-year business plan for achieving best in class market penetration for the client segments identified
- Orchestrate a team selling process, applying expertise and resources across State Street Global Advisors
- Collaborate with channel heads to ensure seamless coverage of clients and establish a clear sales funnel and related pipeline management to deliver against the plan
- Actively and regularly monitor progress towards sales plans and provide feedback and solutions based on insights and market developments
- Refine a tracking and reporting methodology, with metrics that enhance team effectiveness and permit simple partner reporting, including accurate and timely CRM use
- Operate within a budget, while maximizing time and resources
- Attract, develop and retain required talent for execution of the sales plan, motivating the team to be recognized as the highest performing distribution team industry-wide
- Manage individuals’ careers and act as a mentor for their long-term growth
- Ensure 100% compliance environment; actively identify and address areas of risk
- Span of control – Role will include 40+ personnel spanning entry level to Vice President, including two internal sales desk managers and their teams as well as a team of hybrid sales consultants
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- A deep knowledge of the dynamics that drive the Wealth industry, with experience selling multiple product types, including ETFs, SMAs and alternatives.
- A demonstrated track record of success in an external sales role, from building a bottom up sales plan to delivering on results
- Strong leadership skills and a history of mentoring and developing internal sales talent
- Seen as a valued contributor on sales strategy and product priorities,
- Demonstrated sales effectiveness and overcoming hurdles to achieve sales excellence.
- Strong communication skills to advise senior management of the organization. This requires a level of executive presence and the knowledge and stature to deliver advice in a way that will be respected and incorporated by the Investment, Product, Marketing and other functional area leaders.
- Global mindset with demonstrable ability to harmonize global, regional and local objectives. A highly developed sense of judgment and the ability to balance business needs in an objective and practical way is critical.
- A strong background in developing and motivating employees, building teams and relationships and engendering a sense of results-orientation – working at times in a matrix environment. Personal and organizational accountability, loyalty, independence and fairness among colleagues and employees, particularly in a multi-cultural environment.
- Possesses an extensive network of relationships across the Americas intermediary and asset management community with a strong reputation for understanding and meeting the needs of clients and prospects.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or CFA charter holder preferred.
- Series 24, 7, and 63 licensed.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the investment management industry, particularly sales management experience.
- Strategic and forward looking growth mindset. Ability to identify key trends and advise how the U.S. Wealth Business can enhance its client and advisor engagement strategy.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully navigating complex organizations, both internally and with clients, and marshalling resources to complete strategic business initiatives.
- Good influencer coupled with strong partnering skills with both clients and stakeholders.
- Strong enterprise selling skills. Ability to align key client initiatives with U.S. Wealth’s value proposition.
- Data driven – understands how to use date and analytics to optimize distribution strategy and client experience.
- Commitment to excellence. Can motivate, mentor and engage a high performing team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates integrity, high energy and motivation to succeed.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$170,000 - $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.