State Street Global Advisors - Hybrid Head of Performance Oversight, Vice President
Who we are looking for
This is a key role within the SSGA Strategic Partner Oversight team, which is part of the Chief Operating Officer’s organization, that is responsible for ensuring quality of service provider that directly support SSGA investment processes. The role will focus on overseeing the compilation of performance and attribution reporting and ensuring the sufficiency of the process in meeting the needs of SSGA to support investment management priorities. Candidates should have a deep understanding of performance calculations, /methodologies, attribution, analytics, and the importance of data quality within the investment management process and its operational support functions. The ability to contribute as a subject matter expert in the investment data domain on industry best tools and practices and as part of global transformation programs is an important capability associated within this area for SSGA.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Performance Oversight you will
- Ensuring the performance is calculated consistently with approved methodologies and in accordance with defined service levels .
- Be the primary subject matter expert on the various performance and attribution methodologies used and how that data is used to support the lifecycle of SSGA’s investment process .
- Consistently seek ways to drive others to improve processes, address service issues, and enhance our oversight model particularly where not fully automated.
- Act as a liaison for SSGA Investment teams and other SSGA functions, functioning as a central point of contact to assess quality of services, remediate service issues, and advocate for SSGA’s requirements.
- Drive resolution of performance and attribution issues that arise impacting portfolio management.
- Work with middle office teams to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data across portfolio’s, benchmarks and or other performance data.
- Be the change management lead to ensure correct performance calculation and reporting for new products/services, which includes ensuring client reporting demands are met.
- Contribute to the SSGA change agenda through partnering with other teams on projects and new business analysis so as clear direction can be provided on the scope and operational requirements related to any new SSGA business initiative
- Lead strategic decision-making and future transformation efforts related to tools used for performance and analytics.
- Collaboration on firmwide data management efforts
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to effectively interpret and analyze performance queries from clients, Portfolio Managers and other stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and a positive organized approach to investigating queries and exceptions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelors degree and 8-10 years of asset management industry experience
- Professional industry qualifications an advantage, CFA or CIPM.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg PORT, FACTSET, Anova, GPA, Statpro an advantage
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
Salary Range:$100,000 - $160,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.