Alpha Commercialization, Vice President
State Street Corporation
Alpha Commercialization: Strategy and Execution, Vice President
State Street is on the forefront of innovation for the investment management industry and is on a multi-year journey to deliver on the industry’s first and only front-to-back platform: State Street Alpha. Similar to platforms prevalent in other industries, State Street will offer in-house as well as third-party capabilities to clients on the platform. State Street Alpha has a unique value proposition that is challenging for competitors to replicate and has received a tremendous response from flagship clients as well as players across the Financial Services and FinTech ecosystem to participate in and deliver capabilities through our platform. The Alpha Commercialization team is responsible for building out this line of business for State Street Alpha.
As a Vice President on the team, you will be a senior leader that collaborates with product and sales teams across the firm to curate, commercialize and manage the ecosystem, and help drive and capture network effects for the platform. This is an operating role that requires strategic thinking alongside an execution mindset. Similar to a traditional consulting model, you will be staffed with one of the vertical leads within the team that serve as the “partner” for that particular vertical.
In this role, you will be expected to support conversations with C-suite executives across the Financial Services / FinTech ecosystem, help lead end-to-end management of priority verticals and deals, and get direct exposure to State Street’s executive leadership.
This is an ideal opportunity for Engagement Managers / Project Leaders at top-tier consulting firms or senior Product Management leaders. Responsibilities may include strategy development, market segmentation, product / customer positioning, evaluating Financial Services / FinTech firms for partnerships / acquisitions, driving cross-functional organizational alignment, leading and managing ecosystem partner relationships, and supporting the delivery of the ecosystem P&L for the firm.
As part of our team you will curate, commercialize and manage the Alpha Ecosystem.
- Understand strategic issues faced by the firm
- Lead market and client segmentation, value chain development and product positioning
- Lead analytical work including building financial models, business cases, scenario analysis, etc.
- Develop and lead effort to operationalize the ecosystem and capture platform network effects
- Evaluate leading providers across the Financial Services and FinTech industries for participation on the platform, spanning mature established firms and promising start-ups
- Help drive ongoing relationship management with key ecosystem partners
- Design and manage ongoing methods for monitoring the execution of the business goals
- Identify business investment needs for purposes of financial planning and subsequent tracking
- Assess strategic issues, from framing and structuring key questions to crafting and executing analyses; Distill complex information down into clear, actionable insights; Communicate results and findings to senior management
Skills / Qualifications:
- 2+ years of work experience after business school at a top-tier strategy consulting firm; exposure to Financial Services / FinTech preferred; MBA preferred
- Strong work-ethic with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with ability to structure and solve complex business problems
- Strong modeling skills and/or experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Strong communication skills with ability to use experience and analysis to gain support / help influence views
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills; Financial analysis skills consistent with MBA training; Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences
- Proven leadership skills and ability to work as a team leader, team member, and individually
Salary Range:$100,000 - $167,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.