Software Developer, AVP- State Street Global Advisors
Senior Developer – State Street Global Advisors IT, AVP
Who we are looking for
We are currently seeking a senior developer for our GA GMH team. The GMH team works on our internally developed GMH and Trade Portal 2.0/Fixed Income applications for our GA business partners in the Portfolio Construction, Compliance, Trading and Research business lines.
As a member of the team you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, and supporting against new and existing application demands to support business, IT, and project requirements. The role will sometimes require you to work as an individual contributor and other times partnering with others on the scrum team. The scrum team consists of members both in Boston, India, and China.
The successful candidate will have strong business and technology acumen, build partnerships, foster close collaboration and work well within a small team dynamic. The candidate must possess an inherent understanding of technologies, relationships between technology, data, operations, and business areas.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are ready to take on.
What you will be responsible for
As a Senior Developer within the team, some areas of responsibility include,
- Ongoing enhancements and maintenance of internally developed applications.
- Taking direction for project deliverables from senior level developers on the team.
- Technical support (24x6) for application functionality related to reported issues and business queries.
- Working some hours over the weekend to support patching that requires checkout of our integrations.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- People who (1) choose to own it, (2) break through silos, (3) deliver results with integrity and speed, (4) do better every day, and (5) care for colleagues, clients and community
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written)
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience working with globally dispersed teams (Boston, India, and China) in a hybrid (in office/out of office) working environment. We require 4 days working within our Boston office.
Technology and Knowledge Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience primarily in Java (1.8, 11) and Oracle/Sybase database development
- Good at designing and developing solutions/services using Rest/Microservice patterns
- React JS, GWT and Java Script
- Experience with Springboot
- Familiar with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Oracle PL/SQL, Sybase
- Software development tools (Eclipse)
- Experience with or basic understanding of Kafka, IBM Message Queue, IBM Message File Transfer (MFX)
- Experience with JBOSS Application Server
- Experience in one of Spring and ORM tools like Hibernate, JPA
- Experience with Ant, Maven, JUnit, JMock, DBUnit
- Knowledge of the Asset Management or Investment Management industry and data
- In-depth knowledge of Scrum and Agile Software Development Methodology
- Experience with Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Perl, Python
- Experience with Weblogic Application Server
- Experience with SonarQube, Black Duck, Veracode
- Experience withReact Js, GWT, Java Script
- Knowledge of Redshift, Databricks
- Knowledge of Autosys Job Scheduler, Cron
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of code review tools like pmd, Sonar, and Checkstyle
- Knowledge of AWS and basic understanding of Cloud concepts
- Knowledge of ION Minerva and/or Sentinel applications
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields
- Financial Services background, including investment or asset management
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.