Principal Performance Engineer, Charles River Development , Vice President
Title: Principal Performance Engineer / Vice President
Department: Development/Performance Engineering
Reports To: Director of Quality Assurance
Who we are looking for
A hands-on technical contributor with expertise in designing, developing, and executing performance tests with industry leading tools. An enthusiastic, experienced performance engineer who will provide troubleshooting, root cause analysis and will drive problems to appropriate solutions.
The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills and a solid software testing foundation. The role requires a detail orientated individual with the ability to grasp tough issues quickly and deliver well engineered, high quality solutions. Expertise in profiling databases for performance and experience with application monitoring tools to ensure performance testing is properly taxing the application is required. Experience writing code to build performance testing tools as well as a deep understanding of system and application architecture is desired.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create enterprise investment management software solutions for large institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth management and hedge funds. Together we have created the first open front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha that was launched in 2019.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Defining the performance test strategy: set approach, metrics, benchmarks, baseline, user response requirements environments, technical environment and data conditions.
- Implementing performance testing efforts end-to-end including Test Plan, automated testing scripts and scenarios, implementing test monitoring strategy, test execution, and publishing reports to multiple audiences.
- Working closely with internal technology and customer teams to understand performance testing requirements, coordinate testing activities, manage dependencies, track status and communicate test results.
- Translating performance testing requirements into real-life scenarios including performance regression tests, performance, load, stress, endurance as needed.
- Collecting and aggregating performance test data for later data analysis including root-cause analysis, bottleneck identification, troubleshooting, capacity planning, etc.
- Recommending and implementing performance testing and monitoring tools.
What we value
- Experience in one or more industry standard profiling tools.
- A proficiency in performance testing financial systems is strongly desired.
- Authoritative experience in the design, implementation, execution and interpretation of performance tests and performance test infrastructure.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities involving multi-tiered, high-performance database applications.
- Able to design and develop software solutions to business and technical problems of high complexity.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work constructively with peers in a collaborative team environment.
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional software performance engineering experience with enterprise applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Proven experience with major relational databases such as MS SQL Server or Oracle, hardware sizing and configuration, operating systems, scripting, and database technologies.
- Strong understanding of database security best practices and data protection regulations.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and collaborate effectively with cross functional and organizational teams.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A minimum of 7 years working with an Agile development methodology strongly desired.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investments research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experience and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Salary Range:$110,000 - $185,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.