State Street Global Advisors, Technical Analyst - Trading, Assistant Vice Principal
Who we are looking for
The Technical Analyst for Trading is responsible for providing technical support to front office business functions for Trading / Regulatory / Investment Oversight based on his or her expertise and knowledge in implementing robust technology solutions centered around ION platforms. This person would also be primarily responsible for providing support and maintenance of the underlying infrastructure supporting these technologies.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors (SSGA). We are undergoing major technological transformation in many areas, including data rationalization, automation, cloud migration, security enhancements, and infrastructure upgrades. There is much work to be done on numerous fronts. Join us if making your mark here is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Technical Analyst for Trading, you will be responsible for
- Understanding the business requirements and designing technology solutions
- Coordinating development
- Producing test plans and scenarios in order to conduct IT and UAT testing
- Establishing benchmarks to be used to measure system performance
- Planning out production implementations.
- Working on code deployments and weekend support for production moves and system validations
- Taking ownership of problems and driving towards their resolution
- Serving to help shape our AI strategy and highlight the potential for AI through early-stage solutions.
- You would also need to support the BAU operations from a Technology SME standpoint.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Good understanding of the Investment / Asset Management business with in-depth knowledge on Fixed Income, FX and Equity products
- Experience in trading life cycle of securities with FIX connectivity expertise
- Hands on experience with ION platform implementation across trading with good knowledge of the technical aspects of the ION platform
- Strong database skills - proficiency in writing complex queries and knowledge of data modelling
- Strong analytic, debugging, problem solving and collaborative skills
- Solid working knowledge of cloud network platforms, assisting in design, plan, testing, implementation, and monitoring of cloud solutions.
- Expertise in aspects of requirement gathering, data analysis, gap analysis
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with all the project stakeholders, business stakeholders & IT Teams.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience Undergraduate degree required with preference
- 5+ years of IT experience in the Investment Management Industry
- Excellent domain expertise in Fixed Income, FX and Equity products
- Experience in trading implementations using the ION platform
- Experience with artificial intelligence and innovation accelerators a plus
- Solid working knowledge of cloud network platforms and experience with cloud environments a plus
Salary Range:$90,000 - $142,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.