SENIOR FINANCE ANALYST
Accounting & Finance · Full-time
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Reporting to the Manager Wealth Finance, this role will be primarily focused on forecasting & planning as well as decision support to Wealth Operations, Shared Services and Head Office functions. Key responsibilities include supporting the quarterly planning & forecasting process including line of business allocations, providing in depth analytical and decision support for business cases and developing strong working relationships with Wealth business partners and stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting the quarterly forecasting/planning process including identification, review and validation of assumptions with all stakeholders, updating forecasting models, analyzing and reporting on forecasts in support of Wealth Operations, Shared Services and Head Office functions
- Supporting Wealth Operations and Shared Services analyses/financial projections/benefit realization for business cases/proposed initiatives and other special projects. This includes ensuring financial perspective aligned with business objectives, completing a detailed assessment of benefits and ongoing costs and ensuring issues and insights are communicated clearly to all key stakeholders
- Developing in-depth understanding of the expenses within the Wealth Operations and Support business environment, business drivers, growth opportunities and competitive environment.
- Identifying opportunities for deep dive analyses on specific expense areas to understand the data source, process and key drivers and work with the team to execute, document and share the results.
- Working closely with Wealth business partners (including Finance) to provide transparency on allocated costs, ensuring appropriate allocation and variance explanation
- Contributing to continuous process improvement by evaluating and amending internal data gathering and analysis processes to ensure efficient and effective data analysis and reporting.
- Maintain close working relationships with the teams that run the monthly reporting processes to ensure the actuals and forecasts are in sync
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships across Wealth, including our internal Wealth Finance partners and various stakeholders that we work with
- Documenting & maintaining process documentation for all planning and forecasting processes and models including business drivers
- Support the Manager Wealth Finance and other team members in responding to and following up on issues, queries and exceptions.
- Participate fully as a member of the Wealth Finance team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment; including cross training with other team members where appropriate.
- Contribute to a positive and rewarding team environment.• Exhibiting high degree of professionalism, passion for the business and intellectual curiosity to drive continuous improvement in quality of deliverables and contribution of value added analyses to Wealth Senior Management and Finance partners
Requirements Qualifications / Skills / Experience: The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a finance role
- Strong analytical mind set with the ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Solid working knowledge of Hyperion, OBI and other bank financial reporting systems
- Strong time-management and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities, particularly during the month/quarter end process
- Management reporting experience and the ability to evaluate performance on both financial and non-financial measures is a definite asset
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills and ability to work effectively with our finance and business partners
- Highly self-motivated and detail orientation to solve issues or determine appropriate steps for timely resolution• Experience in writing reports, providing commentaries / analysis and preparing presentation decks for senior business leaders
- Promote and contribute to a positive work environment
- Previous wealth management industry experience would be an asset
- Understanding of TDBFG financial systems would be an asset
Specific Education and Accreditation
- University/College education with a focus on Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Business
- Business and/or accounting designation preferred or working towards designation (MBA/CFA/CMA/CGA/CA)
- Relevant experience in finance
TD is an equal opportunity employer.