Product Manager, International Business Systems
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is looking for analytical, technical and motivated problem solvers to bring our global operations strategy to life; those “swiss army knife” players that can help us untangle the complexities of a rapidly scaling global organization.
In this role, you will be working with business leadership and collaborating with our Business Systems teams by using your technical expertise and business insights. You will work closely with our International teams to plan, design, and build optimal global solutions for our systems and applications. This includes managing the delivery of the solutions to ensure they are executed with high quality, and that they drive meaningful improvement in customer and internal team experience. As an expert on how data flows in our system, you will articulate solutions that are scalable, and support your team and manager to enable delivery on our team’s systems roadmap. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive impact through operations excellence.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work cross-functionally with business stakeholders to understand their goals and business requirements, including proactively identifying areas of improvement in Toast’s global operations
- Own the intake and scoping process for requests from business users and prioritize requests into project roadmap and implementation sprints leveraging feedback from multiple sources to help prioritize roadmap decisions
- Estimate the impact of projects, drive prioritization across the backlog, and work with other product teams to understand and plan for dependencies and overlaps with planned work
- Build strong relationships with engineering and design counterparts and work with them to translate business requirements into technical requirements, making recommendations that deliver maximum value to the business as quickly as possible
- Partner with engineering to mitigate quality risks and act decisively when triaging issues that impact the quality of a launch or escalate appropriately, being the main point of contact for cross-functional communication as it relates to quality issues and mitigations (or lack thereof) within your domain
- Drive insights from data and dashboards to analyze the results of projects, set realistic goals for upcoming projects and ensure business stakeholders are using common success definitions
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of product management, technology consulting, international expansion operations, or other equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience scaling a SaaS/Fintech business globally through hypergrowth
- Strong working knowledge of the overlap between operations, CRM, ERP, and external applications. Experience with backend Salesforce.com, Jira, Netsuite, Docusign and Zuora RevPro is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience of solving complex problems using a data-driven approach
- Experience in managing projects from conception to delivery
- Demonstrated ability to gather feedback, drive consensus and manage change in situations with high ambiguity
- Critical thinking capabilities to see beyond the initial problem presented
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate business and technical languages
- Desire to work in a “generalist” capacity on complex problems
- Architecture mindset with desire to understand how things are connected
- Action-oriented, "ownership" mindset demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions, and team results.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!