Sr Salesforce Developer
Senior Salesforce Developer
The Senior Salesforce Developer within the IT Business Systems team will collaborate with other
developers, admins, QA and release managers to deliver new innovative solutions on the Salesforce
platform. Toast has ambitious plans for the future, and this role will assist in making them happen.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
● Spends majority of their time working on Salesforce related development tasks, requiring a high
degree of technical expertise, like:
○ APEX triggers and Platform Event handlers
○ Aura and Lightning Web components
○ APEX batch processes
○ VF pages
○ REST Web Services
● Follows design, architecture and development best practices
● Performs code reviews and is actively involved in deployment processes
○ Experience with GitHub tooling and PR process
○ Follows appropriate review etiquette
○ Passion for ensuring we deliver the highest quality code
● Actively involved in deployment processes
○ Identification of affected components
○ Merging of code with the rest of the code base
○ Identification and resolution of merge conflicts
○ Development of adequate tests that cover and validate code
● Assists in developing project estimates and plans for self
○ Accurate sizing of stories based on SCRUM process
○ On time delivery of work
○ Timely escalation of blockers
● Proficiency troubleshooting issues
○ Leverage Developer Console, Workbench and other troubleshooting tools
○ Analyze Salesforce Debug Logs for errors and performance issues
● Proactively seeks out and keeps up-to-date on Salesforce technologies, related tools, and best
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
● 5+ years Salesforce development experience (Lightning, VF, Apex) in an Enterprise environment
● Advanced experience using Process Builders, Flows and other Salesforce platform tools
● Advanced understanding of the Software Development Life cycle and Agile methodologies
● Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud and Sales Cloud (Experience Cloud a plus)
● Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
● Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
● Salesforce Platform Developer II certification
Bonus ingredients* (a pinch of salt): (Non-essential skills)
● Experience using ServiceNow or similar tool
● Experience using Jira or similar
● Experience using version control tools (GitHub)
● Experience using Salesforce CI/CD tools (AutoRabit)
● Experience in Salesforce CPQ Products, Features, Options, Configuration Attributes.
● Experience with Salesforce CPQ Product Rules, Pricing Rules, Lookup Queries.
● Experience with Salesforce Discounting, contracts, quote templates, and renewals.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Something looks off?