Senior Design Director
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll*:
As a design leader on our Supplier & Accounting line of business, you will build products designed for the restaurant’s back office to support our customers in controlling their costs and understanding the health of their business. Working with engineering, PM, and marketing counterparts, you will develop a vision for how Toast can leverage our access to our customers’ data to help them make confident decisions about their business, and then take action on those decisions. You will lead a team of product designers and researchers to imagine, build, refine, and ship that vision. You will deeply understand the restaurant industry, and the needs and pain points of restaurant owners, staff, and guests. Based on that understanding, you will work with your team to create innovative experiences that delight consumers and become essential to restaurants. And you will evangelize the team’s vision and progress to our executive leadership team and your stakeholders.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Substantial product design experience in a SaaS environment (SAAS in B2B and B2B2C marketplaces a plus).
- Experience leading high-performing product design teams and identifying and developing exceptional product design talent.
- A track record of delivering experiences that go beyond single products, seeing how an ecosystem comes to life through design.
- An ability to zoom in and out of the work appropriately in order to understand how the design comes to life to solve problems in a measurable and meaningful way.
- A design and systems thinking “toolkit” of proven methods and problem solving skills that inspire the organization to put human centered design in the center of strategic decision making.
- Clear, concise, and persuasive communication, whether the audience is executive leadership, your direct reports, or your stakeholders.
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Your collaborative style inspires others to the point where people ask to work with you and your expertise and confidence have others seeking out your informed perspective.
- You’re passionate about maintaining a healthy work-life balance by scoping, setting expectations and maintaining your boundaries.
- You have a growth mindset - you see challenges as opportunities, believe feedback is a gift and can speak confidently about failures & what you learned from them.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!