SR. BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
Toronto Dominion Bank Group
About This Role
We are looking for someone to plan, manage, and lead the delivery of detailed system requirements and technical and functional specifications that align to standards and frameworks. You will provide technical leadership and work in close partnership with ambitious business and technology partners, project teams and stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Work with technology partners (e.g. Solution Designers and Architects) to research and analyze current state system capabilities and define technology solutions options and recommendations.
- Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications, taking into account non-functional requirements.
- Assist testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
- Contribute to project management activities such as: scoping and estimating project efforts, identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures, communicating activity status, as well as escalating and communicating possible issues.
- Participate in quality management reviews, including designs, prototypes and other requirements work products.
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and pinpoint how to manage integration.
- Provide operational and process-related analysis and support.
- Respect existing processes and standards including requirements management and project management disciplines, technology delivery and business technology architecture, escalating issues as needed.
- Gain knowledge in own area, stay abreast of technology trends and developments, develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques, business domains and their products and services.
- Work with vendors to support business case development (consistent with technology requirements and guidelines) including benefits identification, RFI/RFP and service level agreements.
- Coach new or less experienced colleagues and serve as a reference point throughout requirements management life cycle.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate.
- 5- 7 years business system analyst experience in teams following Waterfall and/or Agile methodology.
- Experience with Azure, TD Akora / Hadoop, fraud systems, Confluence, Jira.
- Foundational understanding of SDLC and Agile delivery methodologies.
- Experience in business process and data mapping.
- Experience and comfort level acting as a subject matter expert and consultant.
- Experience to work with external vendors.
- Excellent communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Nice to have : knowledge of fraud systems and applications supported by the team including system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows, and business rules.
- Consider as an asset: Knowledge of personal/business banking, credit cards, Payment systems