Operations Associate (Hybrid)
Vestmark’s Outsourced Services (VOS) team is looking for an Operations Associate to support our Outsourced Service Clients in Wakefield, MA. As an Associate you will be responsible for supporting various managed account business operations services, across multiple clients, including but not limited to Reconciliations, Account Administration, Corporate Actions and Security Master, and Performance oversight and reporting. This hands-on role requires daily hands-on processing and client contact and ensuring coordination with internal operations and technology teams to support and service VOS clients.
- Gain a high understanding of the team’s processes, sponsor relationships, and systems used to support clients.
- Support processing and documentation for new account opening, account maintenance, terminations, funding, as well as indexing and archiving documents
- Perform account level reconciliation – Cash, Positions, transactions, tax lots
- Identify & resolve break discrepancies accurately and efficiently, to ensure accounts are ready for trading
- Understanding various security types, security pricing, and security type mappings
- Tracking, understanding, and processing of mandatory and voluntary corporate actions
- Work collaboratively with team and sponsors to resolve exceptions across all functions and clients
Required Experience and Skills:
- 1 – 2 years of experience in managed account or operations
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good judgment
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Operations
- Knowledge of Separately Managed Accounts
- Advanced desktop skills, especially Excel
- Experience with Vestmark platform a plus
- Self-starter who can display good judgment to plan and accomplish goals in complex fast-paced environment while balancing and managing multiple competing priorities
- Excellent customer service skills and strong communicator
- Collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to work within cross-functional teams
- BA/BS degree required
- Teamwork – We before me-- Puts needs of the team first and aspires to bring out the best in others; collaborative, empathetic, and humble; values the opinions of others; assists others when needed; participate effectively as a member of a team; balances personal contributions and needs with those of other members of the team to achieve common objectives.
- Knowledge Explorer – Creative problem solver and adapts to challenges at hand using creative collaboration; curious, proactive, and resourceful; able to incorporate other viewpoints as part of the process of developing solutions
- Positive Energy – Ability to address difficult situations with humor and sense of opportunity; approachable, constructive and engaged
- Own It – Ability to be accountable for results and follow through to completion.
What Vestmark Offers
Vestmark offers the ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues who enjoy collaborating, a flexible work-life balance, managers who respect and listen to their ideas and a competitive salary and benefits.
Vestmark also offers a strong value-based culture while working on challenging projects in an exciting Fintech industry committed to helping regular investors reach their goals.
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.
Something looks off?